Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,125
Posted: 11/15/2022 at 3:10 PM Post #11
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=104463&page=1#9
Author: Taptothebeat
Time Posted: 11/15/2022 at 3:02 PM
This looks awesome! (Very excited about the breeding grounds update!! A wish of mine for the past 9 years haha.)

@Krinadon,
Not sure if it's because I don't have any pets in my hatchery, but I am not able to click to alter the settings of Adolescents and Hatchlings on this menu. The check boxes are greyed out.

They are not quite ready to be used yet. I have to make a lot of changes to the hourly tick cron job for these to work. So I don't have those enabled just yet.
UntitledPrince
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 150
Posted: 11/15/2022 at 3:17 PM Post #12
Type: Exclusive won't bring up Tamed themed pets, though, right?

The main thing I would use this for is when a user says something like "All un-named in my hatchery are for sale," I'd like to be able to go to their hatchery and view only the themed pets in their hatchery. Often, it will be pages and pages of non-themed offspring with a handful of purebred offspring in the mix that I would be interested in, which currently I don't think I would be able to filter by.
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Threads: 74
Posted: 11/15/2022 at 3:21 PM Post #13
Wow..I really like this update. It is frustrating to go to hatcheries -where someone might have some eggies for sale for example- and having to scroll thru page after page to find what I wish to see.

Awesome and so much work too. Thank you
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 11/15/2022 at 3:22 PM Post #14
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=104463&page=2#12
Author: UntitledPrince
Time Posted: 11/15/2022 at 3:17 PM
Type: Exclusive won't bring up Tamed themed pets, though, right?

The main thing I would use this for is when a user says something like "All un-named in my hatchery are for sale," I'd like to be able to go to their hatchery and view only the themed pets in their hatchery. Often, it will be pages and pages of non-themed offspring with a handful of purebred offspring in the mix that I would be interested in, which currently I don't think I would be able to filter by.

Ah. I see. Thank you for the example. I'll think about what I can do.
UntitledPrince
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 150
Posted: 11/15/2022 at 3:24 PM Post #15
Thank you! ^-^
AliceHearts
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 248
Posted: 11/15/2022 at 4:33 PM Post #16
last time i asked for fixing my hatching problem we talked about pre setting philters on eggies so they would be used as they hatch? how big is the chance on that becoming real?

becaus i think any breeder has had times where that would have bin amazing to have, for people how are very bussy always , or when you go on a holiday or for what ever reason would find yourself not being abel to log in in time to philter your eggies.

i think for people not into breeding jet it would be a reson they would wanne give it a try even^^
Daylightapparitions
Level 75
Majestic Green Thumb
Threads: 62
Posted: 11/15/2022 at 5:25 PM Post #17
This is absolutely excellent. I may or may not have to breed a bunch of pets solely to play around with the features now lol.

The one thing is that I don't see ad space on the hatchery page, which I assume you guys would want (I want this site to make money too, I have my adblocker off for it, so that isn't the issue).
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 11/15/2022 at 5:27 PM Post #18
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=104463&page=2#16
Author: AliceHearts
Time Posted: 11/15/2022 at 4:33 PM
last time i asked for fixing my hatching problem we talked about pre setting philters on eggies so they would be used as they hatch? how big is the chance on that becoming real?

becaus i think any breeder has had times where that would have bin amazing to have, for people how are very bussy always , or when you go on a holiday or for what ever reason would find yourself not being abel to log in in time to philter your eggies.

i think for people not into breeding jet it would be a reson they would wanne give it a try even^^

That is certainly a feature we will see if we can get implemented somewhere. I'm not sure the Hatchery is the best place for that though.
Volinolona
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 10
Posted: 11/15/2022 at 7:24 PM Post #19
Oh, this is lovely. Especially the age progress bar. Now I don't have to manually check on my projects. Just quietly sniffle to myself as I immediately see I still have to wait a few days for them to be ready. XD

"In addition to the upcoming Black Friday Event, Winter Festival, and Faelora Revamp, our next major project will be completely revamping the Breeding Grounds feature."

This is what made my day, though. I lose motivation to breed anything because of the way the breeding grounds are now - very excited that it's next on the revamp list. Excited for Black Friday too, of course, though the Faelora revamp scares me. Mostly because I know it's going to result in hours in the generator and more projects added to my list. XD
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 11/16/2022 at 6:26 PM Post #20
Awesome job, definitely looking forward to the breeding grounds revamp now.

Just a suggestion though: I don't think the MotD should be scrolling. It appears it has changed to rotating through links now... which is better.... BUT... because the height of the message changes, the page length is constantly shifting the actual hatchery up and down as the message rotates. I think the MotD needs to have a static height and can either rotate through the links, or just shorten the message and keep it concise. *shrug*

I'd rather have the MotD scrolling than have the height of the page change every 20 seconds and have my hatchery shifting up and down.

Edit: or just get rid of the MotD. I don't know how useful it actually is. []: I personally never use it.
Edited By Fox on 11/16/2022 at 6:27 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.