Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Crossbreeding
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Mariyah
Level 30
Threads: 2
Posted: 10/12/2013 at 12:40 PM Post #1
Perhaps we can consider adding in an option to crossbreed 2 different species of pets to make a new species? I would really like to see what kind of pets we can make : o
Crystal25152
Level 66
Trickster
Threads: 365
Posted: 10/12/2013 at 2:15 PM Post #2
@Mariyah,
Finally! I've been waiting for that suggestion!
Crystal25152
Level 66
Trickster
Posted: 10/12/2013 at 2:17 PM Post #3
Ny'tari
Ny'pora
Ny'zol
Those are just a couple of combos
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,143
Posted: 10/12/2013 at 2:53 PM Post #4
This isn't really possible due to artwork restrictions. We would rather spend resources on a brand new species than on a mix of 2 species already in existence.

Let alone, a species is defined as a group of interbreeding creatures.
Edited By 1 on 10/12/2013 at 2:53 PM.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 216
Posted: 10/12/2013 at 5:37 PM Post #5
Though this doesn't look like it's not going to happen I still wanted to share what I always thought would be interesting to do. Wait until crafting is implemented and basically use a mix of certain essences to craft a new essence. The new species would be a chimera and carry some attributes of the species used to mix it. However since it could be more than a couple species it could get to look really different. I'd make it where only one type of rarity could be used in crafting. All rare, epic, legendary, or mystic. Not a mix. My concern though is what something like that would do to essence prices.
Crystal25152
Level 66
Trickster
Posted: 10/12/2013 at 5:55 PM Post #6
It'd go BOOM! out the roof!
It would be cool though...
Mariyah
Level 30
Threads: 2
Posted: 10/12/2013 at 7:21 PM Post #7
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 10/9/2024 at 8:15:15pm

Though this doesn't look like it's not going to happen I still wanted to share what I always thought would be interesting to do. Wait until crafting is implemented and basically use a mix of certain essences to craft a new essence. The new species would be a chimera and carry some attributes of the species used to mix it. However since it could be more than a couple species it could get to look really different. I'd make it where only one type of rarity could be used in crafting. All rare, epic, legendary, or mystic. Not a mix. My concern though is what something like that would do to essence prices.

This is also a good idea! : D
Kinuna
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 86
Posted: 10/13/2013 at 12:32 AM Post #8
The crafting idea is good, although to keep things simple for the artist i suggest that if the crafting is successful, and you hit a certain percent chance you get a fabled essence which could b a new creature like your chimera. But its based on a certain design so that the artist don't have too make diff combinations of creatures. mebe the chimera can be a strange mix of everything or almost everything, for example could have a dragon like body or something but can have mutations and genes like other many of the other species. You must think of it in this sense, how would the programming go. I once tried to make an mmo myself, sadly at the time my internet wouldn't allow ppl in bc my dad had it set to block that kinda info. and even now is worse since i have limited internet. its possible though for me to play using a hub with friends, but it kinda defeats the purpose... It was difficult, I had to design each picture and every piece of armor and more. It was disappointing that my mmo never saw light. Inputting alot of this stuff takes soooo much time and so much programming. especially the art. Although, compared to me krin and fai are lucky to have the money to hire artist, because those outfits, pets, everything in the game needs to be "drawn". It makes my brain hurt to think about it. Somethings though, since i'm not skilled in this field especially in web browser type games, i tend to not realize how much more work it will take. I once suggested a repeat button, the idea came from the rpg: Lunar. so that your pet will attack with wat it attacked last round. I had no idea the amount of programming that simple button would need.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 216
Posted: 10/13/2013 at 2:58 PM Post #9
@Kinuna,

I would say, too, that a chimera using that mix of essences should be a single pet design. I should have made that more clear. Then can just pull ideas of mutations and genes from the different species essences that went into it.

Perhaps over time other chimeras could be created that would be much the same way. A certain combination of essences used in crafting to create a chimera with a single type design.

This is just a random combo for an example. I'm not saying to do this one since this is just me trying to think of something quick to use for this. Take a qitari, ny'vene, zolnixi, and a faelora. Mix their essences together.

You come up with a single new type of pet essence. You would get only this type of essence. This particular design.

So say you get a fairly large beast with a long ny'vene type tail, a zolnixi type face, a mane with scales like a qitari, and flowers growing on it like a faelora. Again, just a really random on the spot example. Then you can select certain genes or mutations that seem like it would be fitting for this. Like bone mask, a variety of horns, flame mane, zebra stripes, ornate spangles, etc. Doesn't mean there couldn't be other things eventually added to them to make them different if someone wanted to pay for it. And it wouldn't mean that the pet would have all the different genes and mutations from the original pets. Some just wouldn't fit the new pet most likely and that would just be way too much work.
Spooks
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 11
Posted: 10/20/2013 at 2:40 AM Post #10
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=6819&page=1#4
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 10/12/2013 at 2:53 PM
This isn't really possible due to artwork restrictions. We would rather spend resources on a brand new species than on a mix of 2 species already in existence.

Let alone, a species is defined as a group of interbreeding creatures.

I actually think that adding a new pet by breeding would help this site, give people more breeding goals by inter breeding. As it stands breeding is quite easy especially if you just get the best essences. I think it would add more depth.

This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.