Forum Index > Find Roleplayers > the new world- signups {dead}
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Threads: 105
Posted: 1/1/2021 at 8:01 PM Post #1
Hi, welcome to my roleplay, I thought Id try something new! Below is the story you will be following, and under that I some extra info and how to sign up!

Earth was a waste land. Was. It was born anew, many years back, however it is a far cry from what it once was. Tools are handmade-seldom ever the same as one another- and utensils are made of wood and stone. Houses, constructed of wood, metal and earth are almost the same as they used to be, except for the addition of one room; deep beneath the house, no matter who it belongs to, is a room barren of all furniture except one well kept alter. And once a week each family brings an offering to the alter, whether it be food, seeds, utensils or even -in the case of children- toys.

Should each family fail to provide an offering, they will be punished by whom it is they owe said offering. Their crops will fail, there livestock will die, if they continue to refuse to offer anything, then eventually they will die. The one who is responsible for this is known by many names; the reaper, shadow, or even -though only by his priests- Gabriel. However, despite his rather ruthless manner of collecting debts, he is not unkind. Should a family not be able to afford to offer something like food, or seeds, they might simply gather a handful of dirt and place it upon the alter for the creature to collect, and they will be spared.

For those who give offerings regularly, they will be met with wealth and prosperity. Should livestock manage to escape their farm, it will return to their estate by evening, unharmed. Should crops begin to fail, they will be healthy within the week.

Extra info:

This is a post-apocalyptic world set in a smallish town surrounded by forest. Things like plates, bowls and furniture are made of wood while things like knives, silverware and arrow tips are made from metal. The main type of transportation is by hors or horse drawn carriage. Despite the place being very traditional in nature, all genders are equal, and there is no discrimination towards lgbtq members of society or people of different races, so feel free to make lgbtq or ethnically diverse characters!

edited to add; the apocalypse (that happened many, many years ago) was basically an all out nuclear fallout that started when one of the worlds biggest nuclear reactors failed and irradiated everything in the surrounding area and everyone panicked and it all went downhill from there, covering large swaths of the world in radiation. this means lots of plants and animals mutated into new species (nothing outrageous, of course) while other species died off. it also means that while most of the world is radiation free (for the most part) there are still parts of the world that are un-inhabitable, which can be identified by large areas of dead plant life with no animals in them.

Depending on what role you sign up as, I will DM you some info relevant to your character. If there is a dotted line with the word open below a tittle, that means you are free to apply. Some tittles might have more than one spot, so as long as theres one open spot you are free to apply! So far, the roles we have open are:

Priest/priestess
Vitalus Mors Parados (lovador)
Alter people
Asmodeus Nyx (Mystiria827)
Rue Halle (Phoenixwinchester)
sherif
Roman Halle (Phoenixwinchester)
Towns people
Mizuki Sato (coffecreamer)
ella (Jolynnb)
---open---
---open---
---open---
---open---

name:
general info (optional):

when submitting a character form, please ping me so i see it and can mark off one of the open spots in the role you selected, once i have enough roles filled i will ping everyone with the link to the roleplay itsself.

note:
I will be playing the role of the creature, so do not ask to play him. Do not make your character OP or have them know everything. You can have a max of two characters because there is a limited amount of spots and I dont want one person to take up half of them. Again, I will be DMing you with extra info relevant to your character, so dont be worried about the lack of information about the creature and dont go and immediately share all your info about the creature, it ruins the fun. You can reveal bits and pieces of info along the way to enrich the story
Edited By Stringworms on 1/5/2021 at 10:27 PM.
Lovador
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 92
Posted: 1/1/2021 at 8:08 PM Post #2
name: Vitalus Mors Parados
role: Priest
appearance: Without the white wolf unless he can have it as a pet.(I don't own the art that goes to the rightful owners)

general info (optional): Vitalus has a pure white male dog named Glacis (Picture above) whom is rumored to be part wolf but no evidence on the rumor being true.
Edited By Lovador on 1/1/2021 at 8:24 PM.
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Posted: 1/1/2021 at 8:15 PM Post #3
he can have the "wolf" as long as it's a dog that's rumored to be part wolf but with no actual evidence of that being true
Lovador
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 92
Posted: 1/1/2021 at 8:16 PM Post #4
Okay I'll put that in the info.
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Posted: 1/1/2021 at 9:32 PM Post #5
thank you!
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Posted: 1/1/2021 at 9:59 PM Post #6
i should note that i will have my own character, but they wont be taking up any of the available spaces so don't worry

name: adromeda rigel
role: townsperson
appearance: tall and skinny with long red hair, half of which is shaved down almost to stubble on the left side of her head, the other half which grows past her mid back. her skin is pale, and her eyes are a dark blue. peering up through her long lashes.
general info (optional): andromeda lives on the outskirts of the town, as her mother was a hermit who didn't like people and andromeda inherited her house. she has one cow named Bessie and a horse named vega, which she rides whenever she hunts.
Cyanidescreamer
Level 61
High Priest
Threads: 85
Posted: 1/1/2021 at 10:17 PM Post #7
name: Mizuki Sato
role: Villager
appearance:

general info (optional): Has two bunnys that follow him around they are his pets
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Posted: 1/2/2021 at 12:14 PM Post #8
bump
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Posted: 1/3/2021 at 2:08 PM Post #9
bump
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Posted: 1/3/2021 at 7:29 PM Post #10
just pinging you to let you know that I've updated a bit of the lore on the first page with the signups so feel free to check that out!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.