Author Thread Post
Eid0lon
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 46
Posted: 5/14/2020 at 4:52 PM Post #131
Kua-Rashianaka
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"A battle of wits." She replied to the dragon simply. Switching back to a language the kitsune could understand she said, "Nikkie, he wants to fight me. You need to stay away. It will be a battle of wits, but it might still be a danger for you."
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Threads: 36
Posted: 5/14/2020 at 5:09 PM Post #132
"Alright." Nikkie says, obviously not pleased with the sound of 'battle'. He backs up and sits down, keeping out of the fight.

"Alright. I will tell you three riddles. If you can answer two out of three correctly, you win. If not, I win." The dragon says, sitting down, tail sweeping back around his talons in a neat sort of way.
"Riddle one: The man who makes me doesn't want me. The man who buys me doesn't need me. The man who needs it doesn't know it. What am I?
"Riddle two: What runs but never walks, often murmurs, never talks, has a bed but never sleeps, has a mouth but never eats?
"And last but not least, Riddle three: A man was said to commit suicide, jumped out the thirteenth story window of a building. To prove the police wrong, you dropped a penny from the first story window, the second story window, the third and so forth until you reach the thirteenth floor, open the window, and drop the penny. How does it prove that it was homocide, and not suicide?"
Eid0lon
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 5/14/2020 at 8:16 PM Post #133
(I'm being a good person and actually trying to figure this out. *spends like five minutes on riddle one* I have absolutely no idea. Next riddle!*looks at every word in riddle two* I swear I've heard this before, but where? *remembers the answer* oh yeah, now I remember. *looks logically at riddle three* how do you open a window that's already open? That's right you don't)

"Riddle one is I... I'm not sure." She shifted uncomfortably. "Riddle two is a river and riddle three is we shouldn't have had to open a window if it was suicide, as the person who would've committed suicide couldnt close the window." She looked fairly confident at the final two answers.
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Posted: 5/15/2020 at 9:01 AM Post #134
(Thank you! (I wouldn't actually have punished you or anything if you had. XD I can't inforce non-open book tests) (If you don't know the answer to riddle one, you can ask Nikkie for the answer.))

The dragon looks at you in a new light, clearly impressed. "Well, I am bound by my word, and I shall let you go. Take the annoying kitsune with you." The dragon says, voice all cheerful until the last part, which the dragon said in a rather bossy tone. Then the dragon went back to smiling, slowly laying back down as it waited for another traveller to pass by.

Nikkie looks to you, curiosity written all over his features, "So did you win? What was the battle of wits like? Are we free to go? I don't think that dragon like me." He states, looking warily at the dragon, who was giving the same look back.

(Edit: Also, your inventory is updated)
Edited By Scoutwolf on 5/15/2020 at 9:20 AM.
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Posted: 5/15/2020 at 9:25 AM Post #135
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=89015&page=13#128
Author: Cooldudepapyrus
Time Posted: 5/14/2020 at 2:48 PM
I read and reread the sign. "I don't know, Sparky. I'm not sure I need a love potion and potion of immortality sounds like a trick but a potion of powers could be helpful. Of course, if I've learned anything in my life, it's magic comes with a price. Of course, it does say an object is at stake. What if it doesn't mean like a physical object but the objective to get out of the Labyrinth? I think I'll take the potion of powers." I take the potion.

( Inventory updated )

Once you take the potion, there is an overwhelming desire to walk out of the hut and straight to the center of the city. This urge cannot be fought against at the current moment. Sparky is ahead of you, already walking towards the center in an odd sort of way, a way that wasn't his own. In the dead center of the town there is a big statue of curious workmenship, high and mighty. It's a wonder you hadn't noticed it before.
Sparky snaps his wings open, and then takes a knee next to hundreds - no, thousands - of others. The others were all cold and grey, turned to stone, just like the rest of the village. They were all turned towards the statue... there was a figure standing underneath the statue, face covered by a cowl. However, you can't shake the feeling that it is staring straight at you. Sparky, meanwhile, has started to turn a little grey, starting from the floor up.
You find yourself beginning to take a knee as well, but the urge isn't as strong as before and you can do something now.
Eid0lon
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 5/15/2020 at 9:26 AM Post #136
Kua-Rashianaka
Closing her eyes again, she let herself shift into her humanoid form. "Yes I won. It was... interesting. We are free to leave and keep all the weapons. He doesn't like you, but he likes me. Something about kitsunes not being honorable."
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Posted: 5/15/2020 at 9:31 AM Post #137
"Oh... Yeah, I can see where he's getting that from. Typical steriotype for a Kukan Kitsune." Nikkie says, face clouding over. However, a moment later he seems to be perfectly normal again, and he heads towards the exit. "Thanks for winning that battle of wits back there. Let's go. I don't feel comfortable around that dragon. You dragon is alright." He clarifies, giving you a small smile.

The path continues, steadily for a while before splitting again.
The right - Dark, silent as a grave.
The center - Looks just like the path you've been on.
The left - Bright, lots of noise.
Eid0lon
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 5/15/2020 at 9:38 AM Post #138
Kua-Rashianaka
She looks at the paths for a minute. "Maybe... we should go towards the noise. But it may be a trap, maybe we should go to the right."
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Posted: 5/15/2020 at 9:43 AM Post #139
"You're choice." Nikkie says, obviously unsure as well. "Argh, the elf's message about choices and watching where I step is making me overthink. If we had a dice with us, I'd say roll the dice, 1 and 4 would be the right, 2 and 5 would be the left, and 3 and 6 would be heading forward. Nice and easy way to figure out which way to go." Nikkie laughs, combing a hand through his hair as he looked increasingly flustered.
Eid0lon
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 5/15/2020 at 9:49 AM Post #140
(*Goes to random.org and does a 6sided die, and rolls a two* Welp, if they die here blame random.org.)

Kua-Rashianaka
"I agree. Stupid elves and their stupid cryptic messages. Ugh! Let's just go towards the light, and the noise." She exhaled, strangely hot.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 13, 14, 15... 110, 111, 112
This Page loaded in 0.015 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.