Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Deiwildcat
Level 45
Threads: 1
Posted: 7/29/2015 at 12:00 AM Post #21
Enchanted to Meet You

dA Upload

So here's the finished product of the above image. I made the muzzle a little longer like Avaelle and my boyfriend suggested, and I think it definitely made it more canine-ish. A person on stream said it looked puppy-esque, but then a different person that entered said it was a cute kitty >.>; So, yeah lol

Anyway, this a drawing of my Zolnixi, Mika, that I caught a few days ago. I really loved her colors, so I just had to get her, and lucky I was able to catch her ^^ She's such a pretty girl.

Also, this is going to be an example for my Sylesti commissions that I'm planning on doing. I was thinking of charging either 50k or 100k, but I'm not sure yet. I was also thinking about letting people pay for them with pet dyes, essences, pies, and diamonds (I was thinking 15-20).If any of you have any suggests on what a good price would be, and what not, please leave a comment. I'd really appreciate it.

On a side note, I was thinking of making a ping list for those who want to be notified when I make a post on this thread. Sort of like how you would be updated when I upload art on dA by watching. If any of you would like that, then I'll do it in future updates.
Edited By Deiwildcat on 7/29/2015 at 4:50 PM.
Crystal25152
Level 66
Trickster
Threads: 365
Posted: 7/29/2015 at 1:20 AM Post #22
Whoa! You've got skills! That...that art is godly! :0
Deiwildcat
Level 45
Posted: 7/29/2015 at 2:35 AM Post #23
Thanks for the complement, though I'm still learning everyday, and the way I do things always changes. I always strive to improve :)
Avaelle
Level 60
Threads: 7
Posted: 7/29/2015 at 5:19 AM Post #24
still read cat to me but who cares... cuz it's cute !

EDIT : you never do anything else besides soft cell shading ? =3
Edited By Avaelle on 7/29/2015 at 5:21 AM.
Crystal25152
Level 66
Trickster
Threads: 365
Posted: 7/29/2015 at 6:30 AM Post #25
x3 If that be true, then it shall stare with my mouth gaping as you strive to improve and learn. :P
Erinkitty2003
Level 60
Threads: 14
Posted: 7/29/2015 at 4:38 PM Post #26
OMG! You're such a good drawer, I wish I could draw like you, I mean, you can do different styles, and they're all awesome looking! :D:D:D:D:D
Keanai
Level 66
The Hallowed
Threads: 71
Posted: 7/29/2015 at 5:32 PM Post #27
At some point I will need to commission you for one of my characters - a wolf character, to be precise.

-rolls- your art is amazing <3

Would you do a wolf drawing in the style of that nixi for sylestia gold/items?
Edited By Keanai on 7/29/2015 at 5:33 PM.
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 291
Posted: 7/30/2015 at 2:30 AM Post #28
wow so cute
Deiwildcat
Level 45
Posted: 7/30/2015 at 5:37 PM Post #29
Well, damn lol. I kinda see it now that I've stared at it forever. I think the issue may be the positioning of the eye. The fact that it's so close to the top of the muzzle, I think that may be what's throwing it off.

Either way, I'm glad you still enjoy the drawing.

And as for the shading, as far as my understanding of it, and talking to my bf who's more familiar with the topic since he's an animator, what I've done is not technically called soft cell shading.

DISCLAIMER: None of the art/turtorials below are mine. Just using them to show as an example.

This is soft cell vs cell shading. Cell shading, or toon shading as my bf calls it (there's literally a tool in the program he uses that's called that), is a harsh line informing the viewer where the light is coming from and where the shadow is being cast. Sometimes people will add a gradient in the shadow to had more depth or just add another solid block of shadow to it.

Soft shading is almost like cell shading, except you're blurring the line ever so slightly. Some people may blend it a little further out than in the first example, or they may go into more of detail, slowly adding slightly darker shadows and blending to get more depth like in the second example.

This is more akin to what my last two drawings have been. While I may have started out with a solid block of color, I blended it out far more than with soft cell shading.

And I'm not blaming you. Many people are just unaware of what the actual terms mean (even I didn't know fully until I talked to my bf and looked it up). They then use the terms without fully understanding what it means, and then other people who have never heard of the term then use it the only way they've been taught how. The other day I read a comment of someone using the term 'complementary colors' wrong saying that blue and yellow were complementary. They're primary colors, and primaries work well together, but they're not complementary. In art terms, complementary colors are directly across from each other on the color wheel. A very common example is blue and orange. They're across each other on the color wheel, therefore, they are complementary. Same thing with green and red, and so on and so forth. It was driving me crazy reading that, when it technically was not right.

Anyway, enough of that. I just thought I'd give you as much knowledge on the subject that I had. And if I've done things other than full color, then yes, I have. Here's some examples

DISCLAIMER OVER

Cell Shading

Soft Cell Shading

Even though this is traditional and its very subtle, there's slight blending.

Mix Between Cell and Soft

Ok, I'll stop right there. The post is a lot longer than I expected lol Hopefully you at least learned something from it :P
Deiwildcat
Level 45
Posted: 7/30/2015 at 5:40 PM Post #30
Just make sure you don't let any bugs fly in there while you're doing that lol
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.