Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Artwork Gallery > DeiWildcat's Art Gallery
Page 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Deiwildcat
Level 45
Threads: 1
Posted: 8/1/2015 at 2:56 PM Post #41
Yes, it's all done in Paint Tool Sai. Sometimes I'll take it to Photoshop and and do certain things in that program, such as adjust the color balance, levels, ect. But for the most part it's all done in Sai.

Except for my traditional pieces of course. Those are done with various materials lol
Edited By Deiwildcat on 8/1/2015 at 2:57 PM.
Deiwildcat
Level 45
Posted: 8/1/2015 at 3:00 PM Post #42
Good lol I hate gnats and mosquitoes. They're the bane of my existence *shakes fist dramatically in air*
Lenore
Level 75
Sylestiologist
Threads: 52
Posted: 8/1/2015 at 4:43 PM Post #43
I work solely in Photoshop CC, making smooth line art is the bane of my existence lol

Someday I'll pay for SAI, someday..
Deiwildcat
Level 45
Posted: 8/1/2015 at 6:27 PM Post #44
Yeah, that's the thing I love about Sai is it's nice stabilizer for the linework.

I've seen some people get some pretty good results in linework for Photoshop though. It just takes a lot of fiddling with the setting for the brushes and what not. If you go on dA, I'm sure you could find a tutorial on how to get cleaner lines. It'll at least give you an idea for what the setting need to be at, and you can play with it from there to fit your way of doing things more. Even with Sai nice base settings for the brushes, I had to play around a lot with the setting to get it to look like it does now.
Lenore
Level 75
Sylestiologist
Threads: 52
Posted: 8/1/2015 at 6:39 PM Post #45
My lines are decent with Photoshop, they just don't always have that nice clean, crisp look...and if they do, it's usually because I spent too much time on it...
Deiwildcat
Level 45
Posted: 8/3/2015 at 2:36 PM Post #46
Ahh, I see. I'm sure that'll come with time. And like I said, playing with the setting still might help. I've wanted to try using photoshop myself just to experiment and see what I could produce with it, but I'm just like, I love my paint tool Sai -pets Sai- It's so nice to me lol

One day I'll try it though... one day.
Deiwildcat
Level 45
Posted: 8/5/2015 at 5:36 PM Post #47
Currently streaming. Link in the first post
Deiwildcat
Level 45
Posted: 8/10/2015 at 3:26 PM Post #48
Saphira Portrait

dA Upload

So this was a trade for my friend. Also, this was suppose to be a headshot, but I got a bit carried away lol

She was such a fun character to draw. I've never drawn a stoat/weasel before so it was something different for me. I also really loved drawing and shading her hairpiece. It's sooo shiny o-o

Anyway, I hope you enjoy, and any critique on anatomy would be helpful, as I'm sure there's something off.

As always I hope you guys enjoy :P

Now, I'm gonna draw my new little character I just got. He's just adorable ^^
Avaelle
Level 60
Threads: 7
Posted: 8/10/2015 at 7:26 PM Post #49
I find this new drawing quite good, I however, have a few critiques (as always, sorry, I'm a harsh viewer =P)

First is the proportions of the head and shoulders. For me, the head looks way too big, and/or the shoulder look to high... Anyway, the whole 3head width is not respected...It's an easy mistake when drawing anthropomorphic creatures though. I don't get it myself =P

Next are the breasts. First, one is significantly bigger than the other (yes that happens in reality though ^^)
and to me they look weirdly "raised", as if they were being held in the air. I think gravity would probably weight them more down ?
Deiwildcat
Level 45
Posted: 8/10/2015 at 9:33 PM Post #50
Yeah, I agree with you there on the size of the head. It should be a bit smaller when compared with the shoulders. And the shoulders are higher because it was suppose look she's hunching/shrugging. If I didn't change the size of the head, then the shoulders should have at least come out a little more.

And what exactly do you mean by 3 head width? Do you mean three quarter perspective?

As for the breast, it's not the full view of them. They're cut half off from their full view. But what said does make them look raised awkwardly without any kind of support. And I didn't really notice the different breast size, so thanks for pointing that out. And yes I'm VERY aware of people having different size breasts *puts on baggy jacket*

And don't be afraid of being a 'harsh' viewer lol. Your critique was very helpful and I'll keep that in mind the next time I draw any human or human-like figures. And thanks for actually leaving a critique -hugs-
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.