Players 2,265 410
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,279,552 1,989
Generated 657,198 169
Captured 1,195,700 619
Bred 6,426,559 1,201
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2023 Summer Festival - Avatar Dress Up
Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Empyrean
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 2
Posted: 8/12/2023 at 12:14 AM Post #11
Yes, as a matter of fact this is about those yellow exclamation points from the Lost Grove Temple of Light quest that call themselves lost grove scouts. I just think they'd be neat characters to talk to TvT

Seir, Lost Grove Scout

Seir stands outside the doorway to Aryen's office, wringing her hands, trying very hard to think about how the worst thing that could happen was Aryen saying no. She'd been a scout for almost two years now, she reminds herself - Aryen had never been anything but kind to her, even when she'd returned to the barracks half-alive without a thing to show for her mission. The Lost Grove could be cruel and unforgiving, and she knew that when she signed up to scout the strange new realm for the Temple of Light. She'd faced off against more bandits than she could count, navigated the treacherous forests where every branch had claws, and even stood her ground against the manic druids' augur himself (not to say that she didn't run from that fight as soon as she got the chance, of course).

So why did asking her boss a simple question feel like the most difficult mission she'd ever attempted?

"Pleeease, Seir? Come on, you're the one Aryen likes best of all of us, if she'd say yes to anyone it'd be you!" James, the youngest of the four scouts, pleads. He's looking up at her with his big doe eyes, and she feels her resolve crack. He's always been like a little brother to her, a fact which he both knows and weaponizes every chance he gets, so she turns to the third scout in the room in hopes of finding some kind of reprieve.

Moirah just gives her a relaxed half-smile, making a lazy gesture from her place laying on one of the temple's many empty beds. "Kid's right, you know. You're boss lady's favorite by a mile, you've gotta be the one to do it." Seir sighs, but before she can look away Moirah drops her head over the side of the bed to look at her upside down, silver eyes piercing. "Listen. If you really can't do it, then I will, but... well, it's just asking her if we can go to the beach back home, right? You've already planned it all, it'd be a shame to chicken here."

Of course, she reminds herself, the reason she's even in this predicament at all: with summer in their home realm in full swing, Seir had been sorely missing the warm and sunny days that the grove seemed to lack in favor of an endless humid tedium. So, with a little help from the portalmaster Sadine and her fellow scouts, she'd made a plan. Aryen had given them breaks from their work before, and with Sadine able to make portals to anywhere that wasn't actively hostile, Seir figured that it would be a perfect time for the four scouts to make the trip to her hometown by Esior's Cove.

All she had to do now was ask permission.

Seir takes a deep breath, looks at the doorway to Aryen's office, then to Moirah and James - who was still making puppy-dog eyes at her - then back to the door again. And then back to Moirah and James. And then back to --

"Yeah, okay, that's enough of that," Moirah says, and before Seir can register what's happening, Moirah has pushed her through the door and shut it behind her.

Aryen's office had always been awe-inspiring to Seir. The massive open window looking over what Aryen had claimed as a garden was framed by verdant vines, one curious tendril creeping inside through the opening. There were even more plants inside, some hanging in pots from the ceiling and others planted in mid-sized flowerbeds in the corners - and every single one was leaning toward Aryen, who from the edge of the room at her desk appeared to not only reflect but radiate a soft golden light like that of a spring dawn. Her wings cast prismatic rainbows onto the wall behind her, amplified further by the ever-present dew surrounding her staff, and --

Seir very suddenly realizes she has been staring when Aryen tilts her head, in the way that Seir assumes means she has finally decided to take pity on her subordinate by speaking first.

"Seir," she says, voice like clover honey even though Seir is sure she must be annoyed with her, "it's lovely to see you return from a mission unhurt. How are you today?"

Aryen had been writing something - a supply report to Rylak, Seir sees when she steps closer. She quickly refocuses. "Oh! Uh, I - that is, you - uh, I'm doing just f-fine, Miss Aryen. Actually, I... had something I wanted to ask you?" Seir curses at how unsure she sounds, but Aryen gives her a benevolent buttercup smile and motions for her to continue.

"So you know that Moirah and James and Max and I had some time off last summer, and you know that it's summer now, and I've heard that the weather back home is really good right now, and, um..." Seir stands up a little straighter, "well, I-was-wondering-if-we-could-maybe-go-to-the-beach? Uh, please?"

Aryen considers for a moment, but when she finally opens her mouth to speak, Seir panics.

"I-I just wanna say that everyone's been getting stronger and better at our missions, and we're all strong enough to protect ourselves now - oh, and I've been practicing with the sword the adventurer brought back! The, uh.. Demona sword? D-dremora? Well, Lieutenant Xander's been teaching me some techniques and he says I'm," Seir pauses to drop her voice by an octave to imitate the man, "Not half bad for a runt, which I think means that I'm actually getting pretty good, a-and I've already asked Sadine if she's okay with making a portal there and back so it'd hardly take any travel time at all to get there and back, and-!" Seir stops short when Aryen raises a hand, but Aryen doesn't look mad; in fact, she's laughing, a noise that reminds Seir of ripples on a calm lake.

"Of course you can go, my dear. Is there anything you would need me to assist you with? It sounds like you have everything planned, I must say," Aryen muses, an amused sparkle in her eyes. But before Seir can reply, James peeks his head into the room, beaming like a sunrise.

"You mean we can really go? Really? Thank you thank you thank you!" He shouts, smiling hard enough that his eyes crinkle shut. From the other side of the doorway, Moirah leans in and shoots her a thumbs up, and Seir looks at them both appalled. She turns to Aryen to apologize, but Aryen just shakes her head and smiles.

"I see word travels fast around here, hmm? Go tell Max about your vacation then, and let me know if you dears need anything in the meantime."

"Thank you, Miss Aryen!" Seir says, and then James is pulling on her arm calling out for Max, and Moirah is walking beside her, and she's not sure she's ever looked forward to anything so much as this.

(Dear devs, sorry for running away with your canon. It will happen again ;-;)
Edited By Empyrean on 8/12/2023 at 8:58 PM.
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 204
Posted: 8/12/2023 at 12:43 AM Post #12

In the distant reaches of the ocean, where the sunlight barely reaches the depths, lived a cast-out sea creature named Maris. With scales that blended into the deep dark water around her and hair that flowed like strands of seaweed, Maris was an enigmatic and solitary creature. Long ago, she had been banished from her own kin due to an unjust accusation that branded her as a danger to her people.

For years, Maris found solace in the shadows of a hidden underwater cavern, far from the bustling world above. Her exile had turned her heart bitter, and she had grown to distrust all those who ventured into her realm. Whenever a ship strayed too close to her sanctuary, Maris would rise from the depths, her black eyes gleaming with a mix of anger and sorrow. She unleashed her fury upon any who dared trespass, using her mastery over the currents to drag ships down into the abyss.

However, Maris' life took an unexpected turn when she stumbled upon one of her kind drifting alone in the water. The youngling, a girl named Elara, her tear-filled eyes reflecting her fear and vulnerability. Maris hesitated, the child had come from people who had cruelly cast her out but like her, Elara was all alone. Eventually, compassion won over and she scooped the child into her arms, cradling her close.

Elara's presence softened Maris' heart, and over time, they formed an unbreakable bond. Maris nurtured and protected Elara, teaching her the ways of their people and how to communicate with the creatures that inhabited it. As the years went by, Maris saw the world through the innocent eyes of her adopted daughter, and her anger began to wane.

One fateful day, a group of adventurers entered Maris' territory, seeking to uncover the secrets of the deep sea. Maris felt a surge of anger rising within her, ready to lash out as she had done so many times before. But then she glanced at Elara, her eyes wide with curiosity and wonder, and Maris hesitated. She couldn't bring herself to expose her beloved child to the violence that had consumed her own life.

Instead, Maris chose a different path. She swam up to the surface and confronted the adventurers, her voice a haunting melody that resonated in their hearts. She told them of her own pain and her desire for a chance at redemption. The adventurers, moved by her tale and her willingness to change, agreed to leave her territory and spread the word of her existence to discourage others from encroaching.

In the end, Maris had not only protected her child but had also found a way to heal the wounds of her past. With her newfound purpose, she continued to watch over the seas, not as a vengeful guardian, but as a protector and a friend to those in need.
SerenityEather
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 31
Posted: 8/12/2023 at 4:02 AM Post #13
Celes, Guardian of the Summer Sky

A fae deity from ancient times, Celes drift across the sky, watching wicked ones. Her desire to to protect others by preventing any evil thing from passing through her domain. Her companion, the wind spirit Solia, who she met hundreds of years prior, assists her. Though often simply keeping watch when Celes grows weary, she does sometimes find something that slipped Celes' notice and in those instances, takes care of threat herself.

It is said that Celes can only be seen by those who are pure of heart, and only when she chooses to be visible. For that reason, and the fact she can sense a hearts' purity, it is rare for any but a young child to see her, and thus, few belive she exists.

She shares the duty of guarding the sky with her twin sister, Terresta, Guardian of the Winter Sky.

~
Edited By SerenityEather on 8/12/2023 at 4:15 AM.
Budgie1
Level 75
High Priest
Threads: 3
Posted: 8/12/2023 at 5:34 AM Post #14
Kalypise is an ocean nymph who watches over children as they play at her beach in the summer. She is joined by her loyal familiar Pearl who locates and notifies Kalypise of children who swim too far out or get caught in rips so she can sway the ocean to release them and float them gently to shore.

Drachi
Level 75
Cutely Creative
Threads: 68
Posted: 8/12/2023 at 7:32 AM Post #15

Layla is a coral reef ecologist, dedicating herself to the research and conservation of coral reefs and their surrounding ecosystem. She often travels for field research, documenting the many creatures and how they interact in this environment. She hopes to minimize threats to the reefs from humans. When shes not working, she likes to curl up with her two cats and watch awfully made horror movies.
Frostfal
Level 75
Cutely Creative
Threads: 54
Posted: 8/12/2023 at 8:52 AM Post #16
Moon, the hero of Cyrodil

(I have very fond memories of playing The Elder Scrolls Oblivion over the summer when i was younger, and so my avatar is based off my Oblivion Character. Anyways, here's Moon.)
Meet Moon. She's a chaotic Dark Elf who was chosen to save all of Cyrodil by Urial Septim, but... she's not really good at it. Moon mostly spends her time grinding in the arena and murdering people for the dark brotherhood and then feeling guilty about it. sometimes. She also can be found vandalizing the various shops of Cyrodil, exploring the vast lands with her trusty horse, Shadowmare, trying to find enough Vampire Dust and Deadra Hearts so she can be part of the Mage's Guild again, and looking for the fabled Harcane Grove Unicorn. Which she lost. Fun fact: she was also a vampire once!

Edited By Frostfal on 8/12/2023 at 8:53 AM.
Ender
Level 75
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 69
Posted: 8/12/2023 at 1:57 PM Post #17
High Priestess of Lighira

When the yearly migration of the Lighira commences, stragglers may need someone to lead them to their ancestral Sylestian home. Every summer, the task falls to The High Priestess. She adorns herself with dazzling flames in the night, a beacon to guide any lost member of the pride.
Typicalannamarie
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 18
Posted: 8/12/2023 at 9:02 PM Post #18
Aphentina is a nymph from the old world - long forgotten and long separated from her kind.

She wanders in the deepest forests she can find, growing angrier as they become fewer and fewer.

Her solitude feeds this quiet wrath - and yet her love for all growing things and the animals which live among them is unmatched.

She wasn't supposed to be immortal - and yet her life lingers, seemingly unending.

And whilst she loathes humans for what they have done to her beautiful world, for the sisters she has lost, for their ignorance and arrogance - occasionally, on hot summer days when the sunlight flickers like magic upon the forest floor or as dusk turns the forest as black as night, those rare humans who share her affection and respect for the green things of the earth are rewarded with a glimpse of her.

Infitlizards
Level 73
The Perfectionist
Threads: 22
Posted: 8/12/2023 at 9:33 PM Post #19

Phobie the nymph
Phobie lived the the warm water of the ocean and makes her home is secluded waters around a reef, she spends her days hunting, weaving with kelp and seagrass, herding schools of fish around the reefs as well as scaring the occasional trespasser of her water home, some might call her life lonely but Phobie quite enjoys her quite life and who can be lonely with hundreds of fish friends to keep you company
Crystallina
Level 57
Fancy Pants
Threads: 0
Posted: 8/13/2023 at 2:45 AM Post #20
The God of the Sun

The Sun-the biggest, shiniest and also the most powerful star in the Solar system. Summer is a prosperous time for the Sun to unleash its power, once the summer comes, the Sun gets bigger and bigger with t firery sunrays shines on the ground,, strong enough to fire a forest ( It just only can fire a forest if there's a strong wind blows by). In the Greek mythology, the Sun God was the ruler of the universe with the Light god, maybe their strong qigong could shaked the entire universe, it is essential to understand the role of the Sun God in both historical and contemporary societies, particularly about crop cultivation and associated festivities. So, I'm sure that The God of the Sun was the greatest god as it ever been.
Edited By Blueberryguy on 8/13/2023 at 3:46 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.023 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.