Players 1,827 373
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,409,897 967
Generated 673,091 402
Captured 1,212,798 253
Bred 6,523,909 312
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Sylestia's Next Top Designer - FINAL...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 8/19/2017 at 4:16 PM Post #1
~Sylestia's Next Top Designer (Cycle 3)~
"The Next Level"

FINALE ROUND VOTING

VOTING OPEN

Voting Ends: August 23rd at 10:00PM Sylestia Time

Welcome voters to this round of the contest. Your participation is very important to us and greatly appreciated. To vote simply read the rules below. Remember to take your time and look at each design carefully to make the best choice possible.

This is it! The Final Round of the competition! There are four prize packages available so voting has never been more important. The designer with the most votes will receive the 1st Place prize package as well as a banner to place on their profile so everyone will know they are one of Sylestia's Top Designers.

NOTE: The designer who did Design Set #3 created their lunemara design BEFORE the revamp and requested that the design be shown using the pre-revamp lunemara base.

Good luck everyone!

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THE RULES!

RULES

1.) None of the entries will be labeled with the contestants name. This is what is considered a "blind vote", meaning no one will know who created what design. Once all of the votes are in I will post the results with the contestants names revealed

2.) There is no real way for me to police this, but I feel confident that those of you who are contestants won't reveal which design is your's privately to anyone in order to get votes. If you are found to have done this you will be disqualified. Furthermore, if you accidentally post in this thread before the voting ends and indicate which design is your's I won't disqualify you, but you will not be eligible for anymore votes.

3.) VOTERS: When voting please vote for your TWO favorite DESIGN SETS. They will be numbered so when you post please refer to the set by the number and make sure you are looking at the set as a whole and aren't voting for individual designs. Comments are welcome and I'm sure will be appreciated by the contestants, but please keep it positive.

4.) Contestants are allowed to vote, but it should go without saying that you shouldn't vote for your own design. I'll know whose is whose.

5.) Everyone have fun and please let me know if you have any questions or think I left something out.

FINALE ROUND THEME - Around the World
Requirements: You MUST make FIVE designs and include reference pictures for each one.

Congratulations to our finalists! This is our Finale Round, where you will be tested on a variety of design skills. You will be making FIVE designs all based off of cultural aspects of a certain country. Now, the country is completely up to you. HOWEVER...there is, of course, a twist. You will each be assigned a completely random selection of 5 different Sylesti species. You MUST use these species to create your designs, but you may choose which of the five designs to use each species for. Your list of species will be PMed to you. :)

Design #1 - You must make a design based off of a traditional clothing item for your country. You may use any of the five species assigned to you. You must design for both male and female bases and include a reference picture.

Design #2 - You must make a design based off of a traditional food from your country. You may use any of the five species assigned to you. You must design for both male and female bases and include a reference picture.

Design #3 - You must make a design based off of a tradition/belief from the culture of your country. When I say "belief" I don't mean religion, I'm more talking about superstitions the culture may have. Traditions could include ceremonies, dances, etc. You may use any of the five species assigned to you. You must design for both male and female bases and include a reference picture.

Design #4 - You must make a design based off of a historical event from your country's past. Tragic events are certainly allowed, but try to keep it site appropriate. You may use any of the five species assigned to you. You must design for both male and female bases and include a reference picture.

Design #5 - You must make a design based off of a famous landmark from your country. You may use any of the five species assigned to you. You must design for both male and female bases and include a reference picture.

Design Set #1 - Netherlands

Klompen Nytekrie

Stamppot Bulbori

Zwarte Piet Draeyl
"Black piet, they are the helpers of Sinterklaas. They go down the chimney to put presents for the kids into their shoes."

VoC Sylvorpa
"Exploring the world finding new places, crossing the oceans with their wooden ships and white sails."

Kinderdijk Griffi
"Kinderdijk is the name of the place and there are a lot of windmills there, they serve as protection against the water, and a lot of tourists come to see it."

Design Set #2 - Poland

Polish Folk Outfit Qitari

Borscht Bulbori

Mushroom Hunting Faelora
"Every fall, families spend a day hunting for mushrooms, which are then taken home and used in meals, or dried. It's definitely a traditional pastime, at least."

Battle of Warsaw Zolnixi
"
The Battle of Warsaw, called Miracle on the Vistula was fought on 12-15 August 1920 during the Polish-Bolshevik war.

Poland on the edge of defeat, suddenly managed to push back the attacking Red Army and win over the great enemy power. It was listed by lord Edgar DAbernon, British ambassador to pre-war Poland as the 18th most important battle in the History of the World. It was in fact, Polish victory over the communism which was going to spread and flood Europe.

It was quite difficult to find a reference photo to design off of for a historical event, but eventually I found a picture of the graveyard where the soldiers of this war were buried. But even though my design inspiration is the graveyard, this was not a tragic part of history; instead it was a victory."

Wieliczka Salt Mine Lupora
"This is a large and very interesting place, with caves and lakes, but also a lot of underground building. The part I find most interesting is the underground chapel carved right into the rock, with pictures carved in the walls. But unfortunately, it didn't make for a great design reference, so instead my design is drawn from this underground lake."

Entries continued in next post...
Edited By Britters on 8/19/2017 at 4:31 PM.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 8/19/2017 at 4:17 PM Post #2
Design Set #3 - Japan

Japanese Kimono Nephini
"The Kimono is a traditional style of dress that is worn for important festivals and formal events. This design is based on the Furisode, a Kimono with almost floor-length sleeves that is worn by unmarried women on special occasions."

Matcha Lunemara
"The world-famous Matcha is a finely ground powder of green tea leaves, famed for its taste, health benefits, and use in traditional Japanese tea ceremony. Matcha is also used to flavour foods from icecream to noodles to liqueur."

Japanese Oni Luffox
"The Oni is a giant, ogre-like creature from Japanese folklore. A ceremony called Setsubun is held once a year in early spring, during which people throw soybeans outside their homes and shout "Oni out, blessings in!". A great number of Japanese idioms and proverbs relate to these fearsome creatures."

Tale of Genji Lighira
"A historical event not only for Japan but also the world, the Tale of Genji is considered to be the world's very first novel. Written by the noble woman and lady-in-waiting Murasaki Shikibu in the early 11th century, it depicts high society life in Heian-era Japan. This design is based on an illustration of Lady Murasaki writing the famous tale."

Byodo-in Temple Griffi
"Byodo-in is a buddhist temple located in Uji, Kyoto, and originally built in the year 998. It is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, contains many national treasures, and its image can be found on Japanese 10 yen coins and 10,000 yen notes."

Design Set #4 - Norway

Bunad Aurleon
Bunad is broad term for traditional Norwegian folk clothing for men and women.

Reindeer Roast Faelora
Norwegian food is based heavily on available resources such as game, potatoes, bread, and fish. Reindeer roast is a common dinner.

Northern Lights Ryori
A Northern Lights Festival is held every year in late January in Tromso (one of the best places to view the lights). It features music and dancing as you watch the sky!

Viking Kelpari
Vikings ruled Norway for about 250 years before being defeated by the English army.

Viking Ship Sylvorpa
The Viking Ship Museum is located in Oslo and houses many artifacts from the viking era in Scandinavia.

Design Set #5 Greece

Greek Clothing

Baklava Nephini
This is based off of Greek Baklava, which is a pastry composed of layers of phyllo and a filling of chopped nuts, usually glazed or otherwise sweetened.

Evil Eye Draeyl
This design is based upon the curse of the Evil Eye, which, at its simplest, is the belief that excessive adulation may bring about disaster or misfortune to the one praised. One can be protected from the curse by wearing blue beads or an evil eye charm, such as the one pictured below.

Greece Wildfire Luffox
In August of 2007, wildfires ravaged forests on the mainland and killed dozens of people. It certainly wasn't a happy circumstance, but I wanted to steer clear of both the events in Ancient Greece and of the more dull recent occurrences like joining the EU.

Mount Olympus Ny'Vene
The landmark I used for this design is Mount Olympus. I chose it for its prominence in mythology as well as for its beauty.

Entries continued in next post...
Edited By Britters on 8/19/2017 at 4:19 PM.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 8/19/2017 at 4:17 PM Post #3
Design Set #6 India

Sari Griffi

Curry Vulnyx

Diwali (Festival of Lights) Morkko

Demolition of the Babri Rasjid Rama Puffadore

Taj Mahal Kelpari

Edited By Britters on 8/19/2017 at 4:22 PM.
Eots
Level 61
Fright Master
Threads: 10
Posted: 8/19/2017 at 4:24 PM Post #4
Since the designers know whose is whose, are we allowed to vote this round? I'm not saying that any of us would be biased, but it is a blind vote, and I thought I should ask.
Anemochory
Level 75
Sylestiologist
Threads: 156
Posted: 8/19/2017 at 4:26 PM Post #5
Wow, usually I'm uncertain and wait a while bofore voting, but I know already that one of my votes is going to set #6. I'm already predicting this one to win.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 8/19/2017 at 4:35 PM Post #6
Yes, you may vote. Just obviously besides not telling anyone which designs are yours, don't reveal the other contestants designs either. :)
Eots
Level 61
Fright Master
Threads: 10
Posted: 8/19/2017 at 4:40 PM Post #7
Thank you! I'm a fan of number six as well, so I'll vote for that one and number three.
AliceHearts
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 251
Posted: 8/19/2017 at 4:40 PM Post #8
i vote for set 4, those Vikings stole my heart for my second vote goes to set 3, there it's the nephini (yes it's my weakspot i'm well aware) and those lune, i can just taist it when looking at them^^)
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 8/19/2017 at 4:45 PM Post #9
My games ping list,

The last round of voting! Cast your votes for your two favourite design sets! :3

If you're new to my ping list this is Britters' design contest, of which I've supported from day 1 and I am a contestant in this round! I'm not asking for votes towards my set, just asking for votes for Britters. ^_^

Thanks.
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 8/19/2017 at 4:45 PM Post #10
My games ping list,

The last round of voting! Cast your votes for your two favourite design sets! :3

If you're new to my ping list this is Britters' design contest, of which I've supported from day 1 and I am a contestant in this round! I'm not asking for votes towards my set, just asking for votes for Britters. ^_^

Thanks.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.015 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.