Players 2,054 309
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,353,105 1,459
Generated 668,222 205
Captured 1,205,241 48
Bred 6,479,545 1,206
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > The Joy of Designing: Round Five - Votin...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
BobRoss
Level 61
Fancy Pants
Threads: 102
Posted: 7/13/2018 at 3:54 PM Post #1
The Joy of Designing: Round Five - Voting
Ends the 18th at 11:59pm
Final Round starts July 19th

Voting

Everyone will receive 3 votes. You may vote for three different design sets - not individual designs. You may not put all three votes on one set, but you may elect to vote for less than 3. Feel free to leave comments for our designers about what you liked about their design and constructive criticism about what you would have liked to have seen done differently. All applicants are allowed to vote, but! You may not vote for your own design. I will know who's design belongs to who - so no sneaky stuff. :P YOU MAY NOT CHANGE YOUR VOTE IF YOU'VE ALREADY VOTED - there will be no edits allowed. Please do not reveal your designs to anyone until voting is over! Revealing your designs or getting your friends to vote for your design set will result in an automatic elimination. This means don't submit these designs in other contest and please don't submit them publicly on the generator! Please let me know if you'd like to be pinged for the voting threads! Please take the time to read each round's theme so you know the objective for each design.

Recommended: I recognize there is a lot to go through here, I ask you please pick out those you are drawn to, then look at all their information and references more in depth to make your decisions. (:

Round Five Theme - Art

This round is Art focused! I encourage you to choose different eras for each design - although it is not required. This round will push you to think about different elements of a design: texture, structure, and color.

Design Set 1 - For this design set, I ask you create a design pair based on a single sculpture from any era. The Sylsetis do not have to be the same. For instance, you may use two Sylestis to create the whole sculpture or do two different interpretations of the sculpture with two different Sylestis. I encourage you to carefully consider how you use traits to create texture in these designs.

Design Set 2 - For this design set, I ask you create an design pair based on architecture from any era. The Sylsetis do not have to be the same. For instance, you may use two Sylestis to create the whole structure or do two different interpretations of the structure with two different Sylestis. I encourage you to carefully consider how you use traits to create structure in these designs.

Design Set 3 - For this design set, I ask you create an identical design pair based on a famous painting from any era. Use this design to focus on color and gradients used in your design pair.

I can't wait to see what you all come up with! You will have nearly two weeks to complete this round. (:
Edited By BobRoss on 7/18/2018 at 11:47 PM.
BobRoss
Level 61
Fancy Pants
Posted: 7/13/2018 at 3:54 PM Post #2
Entries:

Entry #1

Design 1: In Bocca al Lupo - By Beth Cavener

Design 2: Changdeokgung Palace

Design 3: The Starry Night - Vincent Van Gogh

Entry #2

Design 1: Nefertiti Nephini

Design 2: Notre Dame Cathedral Aeridinis
The aeris represents the famous stained glass Rose Window within the cathedral and the gothic architecture of the outside, respectively.

Design 3: Starry Night Ny'vene

Entry #3

Design 1: Dollywood Eagle Ny'vene

Design 2: Salisbury Cathedral Aurleon

Design 3: Starry Night Zolnixi

Entry #4

Design 1: Expansion - Paige Bradley
A statue lit from the inside, meant to symbolize the realization that humans have no boundaries.

Design 2: Arcology Kelpari
"Architecture" + "Ecology." A field of architectural design principles that aims to minimize environmental impact in densely populated areas.

Design 3: La Moulin de la Galette by Pierre-Auguste Renoir, 1876

Entry #5

Design 1: Angel With Heart Acrylic Sculpture Version Unique - Peter Max

Design 2: Sammezzano Castle - Peacock Room

Design 3: Day of the Dead - Ernesto Hernandez Olmos

Entry #6

Design 1: [Ancient Greek Statue of Eros and Psyche

Design 2: Gothic Architecture
The nephini represents the gorgeous stained glass windows that are often part of this architectural era, and the zolnixi represents one of the more famous structures from the period: Notre Dame Cathedral

Design 3: Water Lilies by the impressionist painter Claude Monet
Edited By BobRoss on 7/13/2018 at 3:57 PM.
BobRoss
Level 61
Fancy Pants
Posted: 7/13/2018 at 3:55 PM Post #3
Entry #7

Design 1: Jade Dragon Sculpture

Design 2: Nasir al-Molk Mosque

Design 3: Francisco Goya, Saturn Devouring His Son, 1819-1823

Entry #8

Design 1: Golden Teal Chandelier

Design 2: Sydney Opera House (Reference 1 & 2)
Instead of basing my design on the everyday look of the Sydney Opera House, I decided to use how it looks for Vivid Sydney (an annual light festival), when light paintings are projected onto the shells of the structure. Both designs are male puff hatchlings due to their similarity in shape to the Opera House. The first design's colors are based only on the light painting, while the second also takes into account the lights from inside the base of the structure.

Design 3: The Alchemist - Wenqing Yan
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 7/13/2018 at 4:15 PM Post #4
I'm going to vote for #s 2, 5, and 8. But... I'd like to give a shout out to the aurleon in #3. The texture created is just phenomenal!
Seagold
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 75
Posted: 7/13/2018 at 4:31 PM Post #5
A tough one, but voting for 2, 4, 7. Really love the mork from entry 8 though! :)
Starline
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 97
Posted: 7/13/2018 at 9:55 PM Post #6
voting for Entry 2, Entry 3 Entry 8

Good luck all.
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 7/13/2018 at 11:21 PM Post #7
Hi games list,

This is the semi-finals for Bob's contest. Please read post 1 for voting rules!

I am no longer in the running, but thought I'd still share this thread with you!

Thanks guys, and sorry to those who have already voted or aware of this thread.
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Posted: 7/13/2018 at 11:24 PM Post #8
Hi games list,

I am no longer in the running, but thought I'd still share this thread with you!

Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Posted: 7/13/2018 at 11:25 PM Post #9
Hi games list,

Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 155
Posted: 7/13/2018 at 11:28 PM Post #10
vote for 6, 4, and 3
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.015 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.