Forum Index > Find Roleplayers > Roleplay Player Directory
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Threads: 54
Posted: 2/4/2020 at 9:33 AM Post #1
Not sure if one of these has been already made in the past, but I haven't seen one so I'm stealing the idea from another site to hopefully streamline things and help the community out around here in regards to searching for partners for both prp and open group rps.

Roleplay form:

General information

What types of genres/fandoms do you like to roleplay?

Are you currently seeking a specific roleplay storyline? If yes, please describe.

What types of characters do you have? Please describe.

Player information

Average reply speed and length?

Any requirements or personal preferences for future roleplayers/groups?

Any other information you would like to provide?

Other resources:
Larkien's Guide to RP:
https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=81652&page=1#1

An excellent general purpose, writing resource website to with articles regarding RP, RP/RPG communities, and any other questions you might have regarding the craft:
https://springhole.net/writing/general-roleplaying.htm

If you'd like to be on a pinglist that people can use to ping for interest checks, let me know so I can add you here. Thanks!

RP interest check pinglist:
Xedite, Larkien, Blacklightmessenger, Mossflight2, Lalalanmao, Aspenanimations, Sc0ut, Nebuladragon7, Latif, Orcastration, Lightsagafox, Mystiria827, Phoenixwinchester, Ceaselessteapot, Awkwardmollusk, Lovador, Hibiscusfeline
Edited By Xedite on 2/20/2021 at 12:51 PM.
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Posted: 2/4/2020 at 11:17 AM Post #2

General information

I usually don't roleplay for fandoms too much since I prefer to rp with OCs overall. I usually just stick to Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Homestuck, and Star Trek when I do.

I like to roleplay dystopian cyberpunk/sci-fi and medieval fantasy adventures the most. I love mythology and fantasy modern settings as well.

Are you currently seeking a specific roleplay storyline? If yes, please describe.
Not particularly. Feel free to ping me if you think I'd be interested in something.

I'm in the middle of revising a lot of my OCs, but I keep most of the ones I like enough to reuse between rps here. Though most of the time, I'll make new characters to suit particular settings.
I have a pretty wide variety of characters, but I usually like to write aliens, robots, monsters, magical beings/humans, and anthro characters. I don't generally write plain humans, though I am willing to convert some of my existing characters if need be.

Player information

Depends on what I have going on irl, been pretty free between semesters so I can pretty much reply a few times a day depending on my health and energy levels. My post length varies anywhere from a few sentences to over 2k wordcounts, depends entirely what I'm given to reply to.
I am very forgetful though, however. I'm pretty bad when it comes to replying to threads after checking pings at times thanks to bad memory, so please reping me if I don't reply to an rp post within a day or so and haven't said anything as to why.

Not particularly, I just like to rp with people who have a few years of experience at least. I prefer smaller groups (no more than 6 or so, I get overwhelmed easily.)

Have at least 15 years of roleplay experience, and about 7 years of DM/GM experience for various tabletop/RPG related things. I've kinda fallen out of it in recent years. Looking to get back into it more as a hobby.

I research a lot of things I write. My tolerance is pretty low for characters who don't make any 'sense' in the context of the universe.
I also greatly enjoy playing villains and other dark characters.

I roleplay on Discord as well. Feel free to PM me if you want me to check something out.
Edited By Xedite on 2/9/2021 at 1:28 PM.
Blacklightmessenger
Level 18
Threads: 84
Posted: 2/4/2020 at 5:55 PM Post #3
General Information

I like to roleplay with fandoms, but I usually add my own spin so I can use my lovely fan-characters.
These fandoms are Homestuck/Hiveswap and RWBY, sometimes I roleplay with StarWars, Boku No Hero Academia/My Hero Academia, and Wings of Fire.

My favorite genres are Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Steampunk, Horror (Sometimes), and I guess a little romance isn't horrible?

I'm up for anything right now, to be honest.

I mainly stick to whatever the fandom/storyline has, I got out of my werewolf-phase last year. I keep my personal characters (That I kinda keep for more than one roleplay) secrets until it's time to whip them out, sorry.

Player information

My reply speed depends on my emotions and the other person's reply length, it usually takes me ten minutes to respond. I can write up to one-hundred something words if I'm feeling alright.

I like roleplaying with those with a middle school level of grammar and I enjoy it when they're pretty active. But I don't mind either way.

I go by whatever that isn't an insult, I can be a bit sporadic, I'm currently in middle school so I don't have a job. I'm also online until Midnight, Sylestia time.
Rosegold
Level 61
The Perfectionist
Threads: 6
Posted: 2/4/2020 at 6:31 PM Post #4
General information

I like to roleplay with Oc's most of the time.

The genre's I like are Warrior cats, Wolves, Wild animals, WoF, Highschool, Fantasy, literally anything!

No, not right now!

As I said I'm pretty new to Roleplaying but I am currently working on some Oc's

Player information

I'm one of those people who if I post I'll constantly refresh the page every second to see if I got a reply. So I usually reply pretty quickly unless I'm like super busy!

I like active Rp's and players that have at least decent grammer and are Semi-literate!

I'm online almost all the time and I also have Discord!
Edited By Rosegold on 4/21/2020 at 12:06 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 2/4/2020 at 7:49 PM Post #5
General information

I'm not really into any fandoms right now at all. I'll do Pokemon or any show or whatever I've watched before if it's there, but I don't really go looking for them, nor will I be guaranteed to join one if it's there. I also don't like to do fandoms as much for whatever reason.
Most genres are all good with me, despite loving to write fantasy I'm not quite as much into roleplaying something that is entirely fantasy (like total DnD style, castles and dragons and such), rather an entirely new world, preferably with creative twists on fantasy. I also don't do RPs involving having to roleplay as animals or anything that isn't human/humanoid. I like having a lot of action/fighting though, that tends to be fun. But yeah, no entirely wolves/dragons or whatever please.
Romance is fine in an RP as a side genre, though I usually don't partake in it. I can do heavy romance in a PRP, though I'm totally fine without it (and I may or may not be awkward about how to write it xD).

Not really. I like ones where characters all have different specialties in a group, as well as ones in which different characters have their own unique arcs.

Mostly all human/humanoid, I have a few birds (that also have a human form if I feel like playing 'em but the RP calls for human characters). A decent amount of my OCs have some sort of magical ability (or something I can add to them if the RP calls for it), the characters I use are generally versatile. e.g. I could give a character a different version of their "canon" ability, mess with their backstory to make it fit, give them different traits to fit the RP. So yes, I tend to have many different versions of the same character and I very much reuse them, though I also make entirely new ones from time to time. Oh, and some of them are literal gods, but I can nerf them xD
I swap them around from time to time if I feel like playing certain people or haven't used some in awhile, but my regulars (for RPs, I have different ones for RPGs lol) are:
- Phoenix
- Akio
- Akira
- Soren
- Dashiell
And yes I'm named after an old OC but he's nowhere near my persona

Player information

Really depends on the situation, if it's a weekend I can go from anywhere from a minute or two (if I'm online) to a few hours if I have to go somewhere. Weekdays are iffy, I have school taking up the bigger half of the day but I do get on computers occasionally during that time. I do have a really bad habit of deciding I don't have time/not in the mood for replying, and then either procrastinating or forgetting about it, so yeah that's something to keep in mind, I have trouble staying in/motivated sometimes. I'm sorry x'D
As for length, I usually and can easily do semi-lit to lit, and I don't like entirely one-liners that much. Especially if I'm really into to the RP or whatever's going on at that time, I can easily vomit out a very long paragraph, but that of course depends on how much time I have and how fast it's going. Then again, even if I really like an RP, I might have trouble doing more than a sentence if it's just a... walking scene for instance, and I don't usually write a lot if they're talking or it's a fast-paced part. Depends on the circumstances.

Not really, but I would like everyone to please try to write at least a sentence if there's an opportunity.
As for grammar and spelling, I can be picky at points, but I generally don't mind as long as I can read it and it's good content xP

I have, like.... 50 OCs... Expect to see lots of variety, even if I have a few I usually stick to for RPs, I like having fun with different ones, like I sorta rotate some of them through at a time.
Edited By Larkien on 2/14/2021 at 1:06 AM.
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Posted: 2/4/2020 at 7:52 PM Post #6
Not a problem, feel free. :)
Enyo
Level 70
Nature Walker
Threads: 14
Posted: 2/9/2020 at 9:39 PM Post #7
Do you mind if I fill the form? I used to rp here a long time ago and I would like to start doing it again. I think this could be helpful!

General information

I like Fantasy, Mythological (anything based on some myths or legends, really), Dystopia and Post-Apocalyptic, Historical, Science-Fiction, Steampunk... I like most genre, except for Realistic Romance (I don't mind Romance when it's only a subplot or when it's paired with another genre, like Supernatural Romance, though).

If we are talking specific fandoms, I like Harry Potter, LOTR, Percy Jackson and other Riordan books (mostly because it's about Mythology), Hunger Games, Star Trek, Hetalia, etc. I remember some Jurassic Parc rp and a Jumanji rp from a long time ago, I would join something like that too.

No.

I can rp any kind of character, and tend to create new ones each time depending of the RP.

I have what could be considered as "OCs" too, mainly characters from the novels and other stories I write.
They are really diverse (ranging from young children to grandmas to animals, and from Fantasy Fae or legend based Grim Reapers to realistic roman soldiers to time travelers). I rarely use my existing characters for rp, except when a rp is for OCs only., or for very specific fandoms.

Player information

I would say that my reply speed varies, depending of how much work I have to do. Sometimes I reply within 30 minutes, sometimes the next day.
The length varies as well. I try to write at least one or two paragraphs.

No.

I didn't come on Sylestia very often during that year, but I used to rp here quite a lot before. I miss it, and wish to start again now that have a bit more free time.
Feel free to ping me or to send me an invite if you start a RP that could interest me!

[By the way, I've noticed that many people have a new username. In the case I know some of you but your username has changed, could you please say it to me?]

Last thing: English is not my first language, but I try to be careful to avoid spelling and grammar errors when I write.
Edited By Enyo on 2/11/2020 at 5:38 PM.
Serenitea
Level 51
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 70
Posted: 2/11/2020 at 4:07 PM Post #8
General information

I love fantasy, sci-fi, and generally anything where I can play as an animal. I'm not really into romance but I might do something like that if the genre is something I like. As for fandoms, the only one I am a part of is the furry fandom, so anything like that would probably be fun.

Not really. I usually jump into anything I think would be fun.

Mostly animals. I have a Griffin and three dragons right now. The only person I have is named Freya, and she is sculpted to fit anything I play. One day she might be the daughter of the Greek god of the western wind, and another she might be a werewolf highschooler you just never know tbh.

Player information

I try to go for one or more paragraphs. That might change depending on the time I have to spend and what I have to reply to. I usually reply the same day of the post. A lot of the time right after someone pings me.

I tend to better with smaller groups (maybe 6-8 people?). A pet peeve of mine is when people don't use proper grammar or punctuation, it just kinda bothers me. I prefer people to respond to me with a short paragraph at least. I find it hard to respond to just one or two sentences.

I have about 4 or 5 years of experience. I'm in middle school and I tend to be on a few times a day to check pings. Also, I leave my tab open way too much so I might not actually be online.
Edited By Fluffn on 4/10/2020 at 10:07 AM.
Latif
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 6
Posted: 2/12/2020 at 11:12 AM Post #9
Sorry. Pressed Post Reply instead of Preview Post. Also I'm not fully certain I want to roleplay on this site as of now. I still want to do a few things first.

General Information

What types of genres/fandoms do you like to roleplay? I tend to know more about video games than I do anime, but I can play just about anything if it sounds interesting enough. I tend to stick with things I know something about for fandoms in general. I'm not very picky about genres either.

Are you currently seeking a specific roleplay storyline? If yes, please describe. No, I am not seeking any specific storylines at this time.

What types of characters do you have? Please describe. I have a mixture of human, animal, and in between. More than half of the animals are two-legged, while most of the humans have some kind of mystical, psychic, or supernatural power. However, enough leeway has been placed that I can tweak most to fit into several different places if need be.

Player Information

Average speed reply and length? I do block texts, just so you know.
Anyway, my speed is often determined by my current situation in reality. If I find myself stressed out, I can sometimes take up to a week or so to reply. My length also depends on this, as well as what I am typing on. Generally speaking, I type more when using the computer than when I use the phone. I find it a bit of a hassle to type on the phone.

This might sound a little weird, but I prefer the slower roleplays. I have participated in fast ones before and found myself practically restricted to the computer just to keep up with it. I hate doing that, so I'd rather not if I can help it. I don't like having one or two lines to go off of from others, but I can tolerate it if I need to.

I tend to ignore roleplays that have already started. It just doesn't seem worth it to jump in all of a sudden. I also have several roleplays on another site I am currently participating in, so I might leave the account on while switching sites.
Oh, and I tend to assign certain characters or names to certain fandoms. So if I go on a bunch of pokemon ones I'll be using names like Kanai or Sorcha, but if I go into Golden Sun it would be things like Rosa or Ruebens. Some names or pairs I'll tweak to fit into whatever I need them for, like Kudret, Remius, Scott, or Aislin.
Edited By Latif on 2/12/2020 at 12:00 PM.
Cian
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 142
Posted: 2/16/2020 at 11:00 PM Post #10
General information

Si-fi and fantasy type rp are usualy what interest me the most but i am fine with everything realy. I dont have perticular fandoms so if it's part of somthing i am not familiar about i will probably not joint.

Not realy.

Usualy i like to play with characters that are moraly gray or have an hiden dept to them.The moraly gray ones are the ones i use the most because they can change fast and can be used fairly easily as plot device if the rp start to die out. I keep the second category to when i play with people that have some knowledge of how i rp or at least who rp with me alot since i tend not to rush the character developement too mutch for those and let the events of the rp affect them. If one of my character anoy you it's probably because it's ment too, their mentality can and will evolve (usualy for the better) but it take more time for it to happen.

On the phisical side, i just goes with whatever seem interesting to mess around with in the moment realy. When i am creating a character of a speacie that are not widely known / used in the rp or that i just made up, i try to figure out what behavior or phisical quality that would make them different then humans (if they exist in that world, if not, make them different then the most widely used speacie) it open the door to interesting interactions somtime.

I have a few that i re-use, those are a bit more polish but tend to also have alot more dept to them (since they have a more fully fledged past already created) so i am using them mostly when i know the rp have good chance to stay active for a while.

Player information

Speed, very variable, i have dysgraphia so i am not usualy the fastest around with my hands.
Lenght, i try to do at least four lignes.

I tend to avoid groups that answer in one ligners because i run out of imagination fast when the reply is only two or three words deep but asside of that i dont realy mind too mutch.

My native language is french, since i have learned english nearly on my own i may have memorised some words wrongs and sometime when i am tired i apply the wrong grammar rules. I am perfectly aware that my writing skills are not perfect, probably not even close to what i can do in french actualy, so have no issue about being corrected just be mindfull about how you do it.
Edited By Cian on 8/11/2020 at 8:35 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.