Players 2,055 308
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,349,553 1,229
Generated 667,867 189
Captured 1,205,146 60
Bred 6,476,443 980
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Find Roleplayers > Open Seasons (Sort Of) Reboot PRP? Signu...
Page 1 1, 2, 3... 20, 21, 22 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 4/22/2020 at 9:44 PM Post #1
RP thread is open

If I didn't ping you here, you're not invited! Go away! :D
Just kidding, please don't take it too seriously, if you weren't pinged, I either 1. Don't know you well enough, or 2. Forgot. If you have a serious complaint or think I forgot you, please PM me.

If you're reading this and I pinged you, tell me if you're in or not and sign up if you want.

So I make really good decisions :')
I'm sure you all know how absolute trash my record of keeping RPs alive is.
But I insist on making another one, and I swear on the River Styx I will do everything in my power to keep this one alive. It will not die within 2 days, I will not abandon it, and we will have fun. Or else. *holds up butter knife*
So, I'm not quite sure this can be called a PRP because I invited, like, ten people. (Some of which aren't even regular RPers. I mean, they're all writers. Good enough?)
Why? I have an even worse track record with replying to PRPs with one or two people. The reason being that I feel no urgency to reply because twenty people aren't waiting on me.
On the other hand, I tend to drop regular RPs as well because there are so many people, things are doing in ten different directions, no one knows who's where or what's happening, etc.
So this is my valiant effort at finding some middle ground! A private RP with like eleven people that I actually know for once!
*cough*
Disclaimer: Y'all are responsible for stopping me from faceplanting in the dirt, by the way.

~~~

Anyways, credit to Orca for the name (I dunno where she got it from). If you don't know what this is, basically it's a very chaotic, fourth wall setting where anyone can dump any OC they have a solid backstory for into a world with other people's OCs. So you end up with a ton of characters from different universes and they have to try not to kill each other and do stuff. Some of the RPs like this have a storyline, others are just for amusement. This will have a storyline, I just have yet. Questions? Feel free to ask.

Also, we're not starting until everyone is mostly certain they won't die halfway through.

Edited By Larkien on 4/25/2020 at 2:02 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 4/22/2020 at 9:44 PM Post #2
Rules
I don't think I really need these, they're more like guidelines but whatever. The first few are general RP rules, but after that it's mostly pertaining to characters so things don't get too chaotic.

UPDATE: Unless you have already confirmed that you're making two characters or you need two for some reason, I would prefer you keep it down to 1 because we have like 15 confirmed characters and that's a lot ^^'

1. You must be able to write semi-lit or more. I understand we all get writer's block, but try to write more than one sentence, especially for scenes that aren't just going back and forth with dialogue. Try to have decent, readable grammar as well.
2. No powerplaying and/or godmodding. You cannot control another player's character, but at the same time, don't be obnoxious and dodge literally everything. It's no fun and also really annoying.
3. Try not to leave everyone in the dust. It's fine if you're just talking with the one other person who is online, but sneakily include your character's favorite school subject in the form and don't make major plot related decisions when there are only two active people.
4. You may only have up to two major characters at a time. This has not been the case in the past but we'll probably have a good number of people and I don't want it getting confusing. If you really want someone else, I guess you can kill one of them off but don't have someone dropping dead every two posts when you get bored of them, either.
5. No Mary/Gary Sues and don't give everyone unbelieveably tragic backstories. It's one of my worst pet peeves. I think Xedite remembers my mini rant on it.
6. Give your character their 'canon' backstory/ability/etc. You should hopefully have at least one character that has a stable, defined personality, backstory, etc. outside of RPs. It's preferred that you've done or written something with them before. If you need clarification, feel free to ask.
7. The characters don't know that they are in a roleplay, or that we exist. RPs are sort of side adventures for them, like dreams. However, they do know that it actually happens (to some extent), so they will remember someone they've met in a previous RP. They got yanked out of their normal storylines and dropped here. They won't realize it's an RP until after it's over, though. So I guess they'll assume this is part of their story or whatever you wish really.
8. Try to keep everyone balanced power-wise. Don't dump like goddesses in with normal teenagers. It is recommended that everyone have some ability and not have some glaring disadvantage that'll make it difficult for them to keep up with the rest (like not being able to walk on land). Also, include the word bakery somewhere in your form sneakily, and if they have some power that is way overpowered like the ability to alter the future, either tone it down or make it not work in this world for some reason. Remember, all the OCs are here for a reason, and whoever brought them here (to be decided) is not going to want them to be able to break the world and get out again.
9. No OCs that are tied to a particular fandom, please, and they must be your OCs (duh).
10. You may have evil characters. They can be quietly plotting to kill everyone if you wish, but don't derail the storyline and have everyone chase after them instead.
11. No major romance, please, Lark and romance don't mix. You can hint at feelings if you like (work that out on your own) and OCs can have relationships (*cough* Nic and Astra) but keep the kissing down.

Form
Delete things in parentheses, please.

Name

Approximate Age

Species

Title (something that describes them and also sounds cool hopefully)

Description/Image

Usual Weapons/Tools

Personality

Backstory

Dislikes

Fears

Worst Flaw

Abilities (explanation if needed, please)

Other
Edited By Larkien on 4/25/2020 at 1:45 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 4/22/2020 at 9:45 PM Post #3
Edited By Larkien on 4/25/2020 at 1:32 PM.
Awkwardmollusk
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 91
Posted: 4/22/2020 at 9:51 PM Post #4
So, I'm guessing you want Cody in this, right?
Orcastration
Level 74
Fishy
Threads: 318
Posted: 4/22/2020 at 10:01 PM Post #5
I will proceed to toss Larkie in the black lake for reviving this.
Then proceed to add up my lot.
(You need a basic signup form btw lol XD)

My OCs: *all proceed to back into the cornors*
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 4/22/2020 at 10:34 PM Post #6
YES
WE NEED THE KALE MAN
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 4/22/2020 at 10:35 PM Post #7
Lol that's why I just asked for confirmation because I accidentally pinged before I'd written stuff
Orcastration
Level 74
Fishy
Posted: 4/22/2020 at 11:13 PM Post #8
Pfft lol
Wel you know the idea
And thered two threas you can reference
This is the third reboot lol
Also did u pinglala

*throws he twins, Lishian, and Livvy in*
Lishian: ....cna I please get a break?
Nicote: shut up you havent had three different girlfriends in one uear.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 4/22/2020 at 11:18 PM Post #9
@Orcastration, @Scoutwolf, @Xedite, @Kittyauthor, @Sl33pl3ssnights, @Lalalanmao, @Goldennautilus, @Alphadawg, @Mossflight2, @Penami, @Polarisapogee

Two characters per person :P
Edited By Larkien on 4/22/2020 at 11:18 PM.
Orcastration
Level 74
Fishy
Posted: 4/22/2020 at 11:20 PM Post #10
darn
ok
fine

*throws Nicote and Lishian in because want to explore their relationship more

Lishian/Nicote: .
Newt/Livvy: *runs off happily*
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 20, 21, 22
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.