Forum Index > Roleplaying > ouroboros {finished}
Page 1 1, 2, 3... 46, 47, 48 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Threads: 105
Posted: 3/5/2021 at 7:31 AM Post #1
Deep within the forest, surrounded by a circle of perfectly placed trees, is a worn stone statue of a snake eating its own tail, known as the ouroboros. This statue, once adorned with gifts dedicated to the god it represents, now is covered in moss and dirt, left to rot as time passes on.

As more and more time passes, the large stretch of and it is on passes hands through generations, held on to by the few who remember the god as he once was. A city is built around the land, and though many offers have been made, the owner of the land refuses to sell it. Centuries have passed since the god was worshiped by everyone, and by now his name has been erased from history and its shrine buried in the dirt.

There is hope for those who worship the god, though. Hope In the form of a prophecy foretold by the last seer; a prophecy that tells of a group of individuals whos existence would feed the gods power, until he was strong enough to rise up and take back what was his once again.

Extra info; the years is 2021 (and covid does not exist in this world). You do not know of the statue, or the god, or the cult. Youre just regular people. One day, each one of you gets a advertisement for a group thats just too good not to join; the advertisement promises a different thing to each person, something they would be very interested in (this is meant to provide some insight to what motivates your character).

the building is small and squat, with it's back to the forest and it's front to a run down, dilapidated street. the double glass doors have a brightly colored piece of paper stuck to them reading "open" in cheery, scrawling script. the doors open to a waiting room where several others wait, holding their own copies of the ad that brought you here. they sit in the small, comfy looking chars, a few of them sip on the complimentary water. beside the coolers of water and lemonade is a tray of glazed lemon bread and a tower of assorted muffins, with a small sign that says "take one!" with a smiley face at the end.

pinglist: stringworms, Mystiria827, jolynnb, Lovador

Larkien only wants to be pinged when spoken to

coffecreamer is taking a quick break for now
Edited By Stringworms on 3/8/2021 at 7:47 PM.
Lovador
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 92
Posted: 3/5/2021 at 7:39 AM Post #2
Scarlet doesn't take a anything for a snack and neither does Virgil. Scarlet and Virgil went and sat in a seat that was close to each other so they could sit together.
Hibiscusfeline
Level 50
Threads: 26
Posted: 3/5/2021 at 7:42 AM Post #3
Lei showed up pretty late due to the bus being late and as a result was PISSED. She stormed through the doors with a scowl completely unlikely considering her clothes before grabbing a piece of bread and leaning against the wall

Screw chairs.
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Posted: 3/5/2021 at 7:47 AM Post #4
i glance at the ad in my hand, it had printed a bit blurry, but the address clearly matches the address on the building in front of me, so i guess i'm in the right place. stepping out of my car, i close the door behind me, pushing through the doors of the store. the bell at the corner of the door tinkles as i enter, and i take a seat by the table with the drinks and food, looking around nervously.
Jolynnb
Level 34
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 22
Posted: 3/5/2021 at 7:51 AM Post #5
~Matthew~
Matthew walked in the school with Lilly, His arm ontop of her head as an arm rest, "Hey get it off your to heavy!!" She whined fighting his arm, he chuckled at her for an effort to move him as he grabbed a soda for a snack and the paper, be didn't know which one he grabbed till his eyes lit up and had a mental party

~Lilly~
Lilly had irritated written all over her face with this guy yes they just met but still she's not an arm rest!!!, "Hey! Get if off your to heavy!!!" She said to him kicking, to no avail she just grabbed a back of candy and let him rest his arm on her head, she looked at her paper "LOOK!" She shreaked shoving the paper in his face
Edited By Jolynnb on 3/5/2021 at 7:53 AM.
Mystiria827
Level 69
The Perfectionist
Threads: 40
Posted: 3/5/2021 at 7:56 AM Post #6
Adelia
Adelia marches in, poise perfect and eyes sharp and scathing as she looks over the other people in the room. Shrugging, she takes a muffin with a smile and sits down.

Firenze
He's late. As usual. But hey, everyone knows it's uncool to show up early to a party. Swearing profusely, Firenze honks at the car in front of his own and swerves past them dangerously. "Stupid car," He mutters under his breath.
Jolynnb
Level 34
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 22
Posted: 3/5/2021 at 8:29 AM Post #7
~Lilly~
She sits at a table infront of matthew and eats some jolly ranchers "so what are these flyers for anyways?" She asked tying back her peachy hair

~Matthew~
Matthew thought for a second "personally idk" he said in sign language and goes back to reading
Edited By Jolynnb on 3/5/2021 at 8:29 AM.
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Posted: 3/5/2021 at 8:58 AM Post #8
"uh, i thought the ad was for a volunteer group...?" i trail off, glancing at the ad in my hand. yep, right at the top it reads "looking for volunteers". maybe they didn't read the ad fully? i don't know, seems pretty hard to miss.

reaching over i grab a slice of lemon bread, nibbling on it to distract me from the awkwardness of being in a room with all these new people. "so uh, hi, i'm jack" i introduce myself. i might as well introduce myself now, if i'll being volunteering with them, i want to start off on the right foot.
Mystiria827
Level 69
The Perfectionist
Threads: 40
Posted: 3/5/2021 at 9:00 AM Post #9
"Adelia," She replies courteously. "Pleasure to meet you." Maybe there's different groups in the same building. The place is large enough.
Lovador
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 92
Posted: 3/5/2021 at 9:01 AM Post #10
Scarlet looked over at Jack and said, "Hello my name is Scarlet," Virgil looks at Jack and said, "The name's Virgil,"
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 46, 47, 48
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.